donderdag, maart 19

The Cruel Prince - Holly Black

The Cruel Prince - Holly Black

Summary 

Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered, and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie.
Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King. To win a place at the Court, she must defy him--and face the consequences. In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.

Review

This is the first book in The Folk of the Air series. 

I could not put this book down, it was so good and if I had to stop reading because I had to go to work, I could only think about how it would go on. 

There was almost no romance in the story, I expected more, but I didn't even mind, the story itself was so good. I think there will be more romance in the next part of the series. 

Jude is a badass main character, you see how she grows stronger in the book. A girl who is being bullied because she is human to someone who can't be messed with. 
My feelings for some characters hung up and down, some characters I couldn't stand at the beginning of the story and later they became one of my favorites and others that I liked, that I started hating. 

This book has played with my feelings so much that I already want to have the second part in my hands, so I can start reading it already. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐, 5

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/living_in_books_be/?hl=nl

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten