woensdag, januari 8

The Sun Is Also A Star - Nicola Yoon

The Sun Is Also A Star - Nicola Yoon



Summary

Natasha: I'm a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I'm definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica.
Falling in love with him won't be my story. Daniel: I've always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents' high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store-for both of us. The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?


Review

I loved Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon so much that I was really looking forward to read this book. I have also read many good things about this book, but now that I have finally read it, I am disappointed. It wasn't very bad, but it wasn't as I had hoped. Maybe it's because I expected so much from this book. 

I was not a big fan of romance in the story. I am also not a fan of stories with insta love and because they are in love with each other in less than a day, this was not my favorite love story to read. You also not only read the story from the perspective of Natasha and Daniel, but also from characters that we will not hear about later, sometimes also very randomly about topics such as hair, eyes, ... 

The characters themselves were very nice, they had their own personality and story. And if the story took place in a week instead of a day, this story would have been more for me. 

⭐⭐.5


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/living_in_books_be/?hl=nl
Bookish merch: https://teespring.com/stores/livinginbooksbe

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten