maandag, maart 9

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell - English Review

Summary

In Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl, Cath is a Simon Snow fan. Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan, but for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving. Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere. Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.



Review
This book was so good! The main character Cath is a character that I could see myself in, I really sympathized with her and I think I'm not alone. She was enthusiast about her fandom, in new situations she felt uncomfortable and preferred to stay away. 
The writing style was good and easy to read, but after each chapter there was a piece of fan fiction or part of the book that Cath reads. I found these rather unclear and did not always understand why they were among them. These were never long pieces that's why they don't bother me that much, but I didn't understand the point. 
Each character was well written out, the book also contains a lot of humor and awkward moments, which made this book so much fun to read. This book is definitely recommended! 
⭐⭐⭐⭐


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/living_in_books_be/?hl=nl

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten